The Law and Liberty Conference, 2019 || NLSIU, Bangalore
About the Program
Each year, the Centre for Civil Society (CCS) organises the Law and Liberty Conference (LLC). The conference highlights emerging concerns in the domain of individual liberty, and the legal and regulatory frameworks which enable the flourishing of a liberal society.
The conferences aim to provide a platform for liberal perspectives on legal concerns, develop a liberal critique of the extant juridical discourse and to build a network of legal practitioners, scholars and students to promote the cause of liberty. Previous conferences have discussed issues of judicial activism, property rights, and perspectives on liberty in a digitized India. With the easing of regulatory policy, the Indian market is opening to larger multinational players. Regulatory authorities now face the task of ensuring fair competition in this changing playing field.
Venue: Allen and Ovary Hall, National Law School of India University, Bangalore
Theme: Legal Foundations of a Free Society
- Selected participants will be notified within a week after the application deadline.
- Selected top entries will be offered travel grants and given the opportunity to present their researched abstracts at the Conference.
- The application fees is INR 1000/-
- The fee will cover overheads, refreshments, folders, and the networking lunches. The fee does not cover accommodation and arrangements for the same have to be made for the participants themselves.
- The fee is payable upon selection, and can be made online, details of which will be communicated to selected participants.
DAY 1 | 23 November 2019
- 08:30 - 10:00 | Registration
- 10:00 - 11:00 | Opening Address
- 11:00 - 11:30 | Break
- 11:30 - 12:00 | Student Presentations on Panel I
- 12:00 - 14:00 | Panel I – Bankruptcy Law in India
- 14:00 - 15:00 | Lunch
- 15:00 - 16:30 | Session I – Rules of the Game: An Introduction to Institutions
- 16:30 - 17:00 | Break
- 17:00 - 17:30 | Student Presentation on Panel II
- 17:30 - 19:30 | Panel II – Legal Hurdles for Cryptocurrency Exchanges
DAY 2 | 24 November 2019
- 10:00 - 10:30 | Recap of Day 1
- 10:30 - 12:00 | Session II – The Politics of Romance: Public Choice
- 12:00 - 13:00 | Lunch
- 13:00 - 13:30 | Student Presentations on Panel III
- 13:30 - 15:30 | Panel III – Judicial Efficiency: Improving our Access to Justice
- 15:30 - 16:00 | Break
- 16:00 -18:00 | Keynote Address
- 18:00 - 19:00 | Certificate Ceremony & Closing
Application Fees: 1,000/- (which shall cover food and course materials for the entire duration of the program.) [Limited merit-based scholarships are avaliable]
Application Deadline: 3rd November 2019
Conference Dates: 23rd-24th November, 2019
For details contact: Sourya Banerjee (email@example.com).