Posted on 19/10/2023
CCS Mission: We seek to promote choice, competition and community-based policy reform. Through research, advocacy and outreach, the Centre is reinvigorating civil society and rightsizing political society.
Centre for Civil Society (CCS) is an independent, non-profit, research and educational think tank based in New Delhi.
Our unique focus on public policy and longer-term solutions, make our research outputs crucial feeders into policymaking and opinion formulation.
Job Profile: The Associate/Senior Associate - Video Editor is a mid-level position within the Communications Department. The primary role of a Video Editor is to manage & create digital properties and print designs to enable targeted advocacy/outreach of CCS policy perspectives through all online platforms. The ideal candidate should have proven expertise in managing new media for organisations, great interest in policy ideas, have an eye for good design and possess excellent communication skills. Knowledge about classical liberalism would be deemed an advantage.
CCS recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the organization and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package for the non-profit sector, commensurate with experience.
The position will be based in CCS headquarters in Delhi. Frequent travel around India with potential for international travel to partners and conferences will be expected.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, 2 video samples and a resume with two references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Submit online at https://ccs.in/get-involved/careers
- A minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience in content creation and video editing.
- Possession of a degree or qualification in Video Editing or Graphic Design, with a preference for graduates in Arts or related fields.
- Demonstrated expertise in professional video and audio editing software and applications.
- Capable of multitasking and effectively managing multiple project milestones concurrently.
- Creative background in filmmaking and videography.
- Proficiency in comprehending project objectives during team meetings and the ability to bring those objectives to life.
- Previous experience in editing a variety of video projects, incorporating sound effects, music, and transitions.
- Skilled in creating concept boards and other visual aids to illustrate planned video editing projects.
- Strong communication skills essential for a clear understanding of project scope and successful implementation.
- Develop video ideas and plan in coordination with other teams. Establish a clear understanding of the storyline and purpose of the video's creation. Gather and transfer all forms of media into editing software, ensure each was updated in the correct format and generate fresh concepts.
- Operate computer editing systems and equipment used for video media and effects
- Establish a clear understanding of the storyline and purpose of the video's creation
- Create an initial proposed storyboard draft of the video to present to clients and receive approval before beginning to digitally alter video
- Improve video and sound quality using various video software
- Edit video to include preselected music, interviews, sound clips, graphics, effects and other important aspects of the project
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos according to the specifications
- Upload the videos on Youtube and maintain the Youtube channel
- Collaborate with peers to ensure high-quality, cohesive creative deliverables that are well-documented and ready for execution
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and Canva.
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong development portfolio
- Must be proficient in motion graphics, lower third and logo animation in After effects.
- Proficient in creating story board, Pre-production task and Post-Production task.
- Experience in creating all social media formats like 1:1,16:9 and 4:3.
- Worked on various video formats (QuickTime MOV, AVI, MPEG-4 etc).
- Sequence setting in the format of the raw videos.
- Video Editing: Produce final output according to the script.
- Sound Editing: Converting the videos into the podcast (correcting the audio level, removing noise and echo).
- Basic knowledge of handling DSLR and lighting techniques
- Organising Audio and the Video Library project-wise.
- Search B- Roll supporting files in video and photos format.
- Knowledge of typography, working according to the branding guidelines and design aesthetics.
- Knowledge of rendering and output settings.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and the industry's best practices to maximize efficiency.