Launch of www.indiabefore91.in
To read event report, media coverage, links to the photos click here.
To watch live streaming of launch event click here.
To mark the 25th anniversary of India’s economic reforms and to understand how life was before the reforms Centre for Civil Society is launching a portal www.IndiaBefore91.in to crowd source stories from citizens across the nation.
Almost half of India is born after 1991 economic reforms. To make sure that they understand the lessons of history, India Before 1991 will document stories about life under the license raj from across the country. By contrast it will also highlight the impact of the reforms after 1991.
Our panelists for the event are:
- Mr Jairam Ramesh, Former Minister of Rural Development
- Dr Arvind Virmani, Economic Mentor, FICCI & Former Chief Economic Advisor, GOI
- Dr A Didar Singh, Secretary General, FICCI
- Dr Parth J Shah, Founder President, Centre for Civil Society
- Mr Praveen Chakravarty, Fellow in Political Economy at IDFC Institute
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) is a partner for this project and will be supporting the launch of the portal.
To mark your presence RSVP by filling in this form.