CCS Introductory Course in Public Policy ‘ipolicy’ [Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore]
Centre for Civil Society (CCS) has been ranked amongst the top 60 think tanks in the world (and amongst the top 3 from India) by the University of Pennsylvania's highly acclaimed annual Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) report, for the past 5 years.
About the Program
- Have you ever wondered what makes a policy work?
- Have you thought about the reason for India still being poor?
- Have you ever questioned what the role of the government should be?
Explore these questions at ipolicy for young leaders- a 2-day certificate course in Public Policy organised by India's leading thinktank Centre for Civil Society in four cities – Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Bangalore.
ìpolicy is an introductory course in Public Policy. The course involves a variety of interactive learning methods including dynamic games, talks, dialogues, and documentaries, designed to provide participants with opportunities to explore and share ideas about policy-based solutions to social problems from a liberal perspective.
Only 30 best applications would be selected for the course! Applications are open for all college students and young professionals.
Goals of ìpolicy:
- To create a fun, open, and respectful environment where everyone is encouraged to think critically about social, economic, and political issues.
- To evoke in participants a passionate inquiry into their own values and role in creating a good society.
- To equip participants with fundamental concepts of political economy and sound public policy to enable them to understand the root cause of current challenges and effectively advocate for policy solutions through their current work and future professions.
- To plug participants into a global network of opportunities to propel their intellectual growth, make personal connections and access resources to help them advance their vision of a free society.
We have conducted this same program across premier institutions in India like ISB Hyderabad, FMS Delhi, NLS Bangalore, IIM Kozhikode, IIT Delhi, IIT Madras, IIT Bombay, Delhi School of Economics and many more.
EligibilityWho Can Apply?
College students, young professionals, development leaders under the age of 30
Fee Details: Rs. 2,000/-
(Includes course material and lunch on both days)
|Program Dates||Venue, City||Application Deadline|
|14-15 September 2019||New Delhi||31 August 2019|
|21-22 Septmeber 2019||Hyderabad||01 September 2019|
|28-29 Septmeber 2019||Bangalore||14 September 2019|
"ìpolicy has enabled me to critically examine the present perspectives I inhabit regarding policy design and policy implication. It has inspired me to gain a holistic understanding of markets and their ways of working in the policy domain."
Shilanjini Bhattacharya, TISS Mumbai
"I am incredibly grateful for this opportunity, it has provided insight, fresh ideas and a liberal perspective. I learnt a lot both from interaction with facilitators and peers. I was encouraged to think more critically, ask more questions and discouraged from accepting things on face value. I think my approach to policy formulation has changed a great deal in terms of how I now perceive institutions, trade, incentives, public interest and govt intervention."
Evita Rodriguez, FLAME Pune
"Textbooks provide a very one-dimensional and theoretical approach to issues. Ipolicy definitely showed the current trends interms of the practice approach and introduced me to new perspectives and ways of looking at issues. The most important thing is that in each session, we did not just stop with identifying the problem but also came together to formulate possible solutions to the same."
Shreya Rangarajan, TISS Hyderabad