Project Bolo English: North India and South India
Posted on 10/14/2022
Launched in July 2020, Project Bolo English is a unique initiative of the Centre for Civil Society. Through this project, we aim to equip children from low income families with much aspired Spoken English skills. Leveraging the role of Teachers, Schools and Parents as influencers, this project aims to provide children a free, year-long access to renowned Mobile Applications with customized Spoken English content.
One of the core elements of this project is its structured engagement with teachers & parents to provide them high quality language-learning resources, regular updates on students’ progress together aimed at improving students’ English language skills. We use the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale to evaluate the improvement in children’s spoken English skills.
Project Bolo English is supported by three renowned philanthropic entities, The Michael and Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF), Procter and Gamble Shiksha Initiative, and The Rising Tide Foundation (Switzerland). Dr. Gurcharan Das (Author and Former MD Procter and Gamble Global), is the mentor of this project.
We have successfully completed the first two years of this project with 110,000 students, 750 schools and 3500 teachers from schools in 11 states across India. We are looking to scale the project to 2 lakh students and 1000 schools in the year 2022-23.
Teacher Trainers will manage the ongoing execution of the Project Bolo English effectively and strengthen the relationships with the stakeholders (school leadership, teachers, and parents).
- Graduate/Postgraduate with 1-3 years of relevant full-time work experience preferably in project implementation
- Experience of working on EdTech and /or Low-Cost Private Schools is highly desirable
- Experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (Telugu language skills-must for, South India and Hindi language skills- must for, North India
- Conversation and Presentation skills
- Fluent use of MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and Google Suite (Docs and sheets)
- Comfort with handling Data and using it for effective implementation of the project