POLITICS OF DEVELOPMENT (POD) - Hyderabad
About the Program
Ever wondered why India remains poor, with the top 1% bagging more than 70% of the country's wealth? Why our political system not only falls short of the textbook ideal, but prioritizes communal politics, corruption, and cronyism?
The "Politics of Development" is a two-day immersive certificate course curated for a batch of 120 Policy Enthusiasts looking for the answers to these and many other grueling questions and striving to find solutions for the same. Our esteemed keynote speaker will take up discussions on Post-Reform Realities. Further discussions about the nuances of good governance and a deeper look into the crux of political corruption in India that are part of the program will be brought up as well.
PoD follows our philosophy for integrated learning and interactive discussions by including lectures by domain specialists, policymakers and policy enthusiasts, and supplementing them with games, movies and presentations to promote healthy group discussions.
- Keynote speakers from industry leaders and policy domain influencers
- 2-day intensive certificate course more than 100 policy enthusiasts to network with
- Engaging in interactive and thought provoking exercises with the brightest minds of the industry
Selection Process: Since the seats are limited and the candidates will be selected on a rolling basis, those who apply earlier will have a higher chance of selection.
DAY 1 | 16 March 2019 | Politics of Poverty
- 09:00 - 10:30 | Registration, Speed Networking and Introduction to the course
- 10: 30 - 11:00 |Open session with Mentors: Discussion on Pre-work
- 11:00 - 11:30 | Activity
- 11:30 - 13:00 | Day 1 Session 1
- 13:00 - 14:30 | Lunch
- 14:30 - 16:00 | Day 1 Session 2
- 16:00 - 16:15 | Break
- 16:15 - 18:30 | Day 1 Session 3
- 18:30 - 18:45 | Break
- 18:45 - 20:30 | Day 1 Session 4
DAY 2 | 17 March 2019 | Politics of Prosperity
- 09:00 - 09:40 | Activity
- 09:40 - 11:30 | Day 2 Session 1
- 11:30 - 12:00 | Break
- 12:00 - 13:15 | Day 2 Session 2
- 13:15 - 14:15 | Lunch
- 14:15 - 15:30 | Day 2 Session 3
- 15:30 - 16:00 | Open Hour with Mentors
- 16:00 - 17:30 | How good a solution is welfare?
This session argues that given the widespread poverty and rising inequality, redistribution of wealth and government welfare schemes may seem to be the obvious short-term solutions. But limiting attention only to these policies is likely to undermine the very process that has lifted millions out of poverty
- 17:30 - 18:00 | Activity
- 18:00 - 18:30 | Wrap-Up and Graduation
Join the Two Day Certificate Course in Public Policy
The program is NON RESIDENTIAL and the program fee covers food and course materials for the entire duration of the program.