Posted on 10/01/2023
The Centre for Civil Society, a highly regarded public policy think tank based in New Delhi, advances social change through market liberal policy reforms. Our work in education, livelihood, and policy training promotes choice and accountability across private and public sectors. To translate policy into practice, we engage with policy and opinion leaders through research, pilot projects and policy training. About S & T Policy @CCS: Furthering 25 years of CCS’ commitment to social change through public policy, the Science & Technology (S & T) policy unit @ CCS functions as the vertical dedicated to advancing policy solutions that foster scientific enquiry and research. Through our publications, discussions and events, we strive to facilitate the creation and dissemination of new scientific knowledge in India. To strengthen the science ecosystem and promote innovation and scientific advancement, we focus on the fundamentals of S&T research systems in India. Job Profile: CCS is looking for a full-time Associate consultant to join its Science & Technology Policy vertical at an exciting time of organisational growth and development. The associate will work towards achieving the larger goal: creating a liberalised scientific and research ecosystem in collaboration with the public, private, and social sectors of India. The Associate will be responsible for research, analysis and reporting of S & T policy work and supporting the team in effective outreach of the programmatic activities.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputed university. Additionally, a Masters degree in Developmental studies, Public Policy or Management will be preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of full-time relevant professional experience working as an analyst or similar position will be preferred
- High proficiency in analytical skills and ability to conduct rigorous qualitative and quantitative research and produce research reports
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to manage planning and execution of communications products, influencer strategies, and audience targeting
- Demonstrable track record of communicating complex topics through audio, visual and written content
Believer of classical liberal thought, entrepreneurial attitude, resilient, well-read, who possesses the ability to nurture teams and drive high performance, public speaking skills, analytical & writing skills and interpersonal skills.
CCS recognizes that the right candidate will have a significant impact on the success of the organization and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package for the non-profit sector, commensurate with experience.
The position will be based at the CCS office in Delhi. Frequent travel around India with the potential for international travel to partners and conferences will be expected.
Interested candidates must attach an updated CV, a statement of intent, and at least 2 relevant publications/writings. Selected candidates will be called for interviews. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Associate, S & T Policy @ CCS.