(Last revised: November, 2022)
Centre for Civil Society | A-69, Ground Floor, HauzKhas, New Delhi - 110016
- Introduction: This document sets forth the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) governing your use of the Centre for Civil Society (“CCS”) website located at [https://www.ccs.in] (“Website”) and the information and services made available on and through the Website. Please read this page carefully. The Terms and Conditions, when agreed to by you, will form a binding Agreement between you and CCS.
- Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use: Your use of the Website indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the Website. From time to time these Terms and Conditions may be revised by updating this document and posting it on the Website. It is your obligation to review these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your agreement to the most current version of these Terms and Conditions. If at any time you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you must cease your use of this Website.
- Termination of Access: The use of this Website and its services is a privilege. CCS reserves the right to suspend your use of this Website for any reason at any time, in its sole discretion. Questions concerning the use of the Website and its services should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Definitions: For the purposes of this Agreement, the following definitions apply:
- “Content” includes all Text, Graphics, Design and Programming used on the Website.
- “Text” includes all text on every page of the Website, whether editorial, navigational, or instructional.
- “Graphics” includes all logos, buttons, and other graphical elements on the Website, with the exception of paid advertising banners.
- “Design” includes the color combinations and the page layout of the Website.
- “User” refers to any individual who uses any aspect of the Website or its services.
- “You” refers to the person accessing the Website and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
- Intellectual Property Rights: All Content on the Website is the sole property of CCS or their respective owners, as indicated, and is protected by Indian Copyright Law and Indian Trademarks Law. CCS authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the Content on the Website solely for your personal, noncommercial use. You may not reproduce, modify, display, sell, or distribute the Content, or use it in any other way for public or commercial purpose. The foregoing limitations include, but are not limited to, copying or adapting the HTML code used to generate Web pages on the Website, as well as any Graphics.
The “look” and “feel” of the Website (including color combinations, button shapes, layout, design and all other graphical elements) are also protected by Indian Copyright Law and Indian Trademarks Law. All product names, names of services, trademarks and service marks (“Marks”) are the property of CCS or the property of their respective owners, as indicated. You may not use the Marks for any purpose whatsoever other than as permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
- Acceptable Use of the Website: The Website and its services are intended to facilitate the offering for sale of books and products of third parties. The Website may be used in a manner consistent with this purpose, and only within the context of the products, services and information set forth on the Website. The information displayed on the Website may not be used for any purpose except in connection with your direct use of the Website as permitted by these Terms and Conditions, and may not be excerpted, summarized, duplicated or otherwise removed from the Website. In addition, you represent, warrant and agree that you will not use (or plan, encourage or help others to use) the Website for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions or by applicable law. Your use of the Website is also subject to the following restrictions:
- You may not send unsolicited commercial email to Users. In addition, spam, chain emails, advertising solicitations and similar email solicitations are expressly prohibited.
- You may not delete, edit or revise any material posted by any other person or entity. You may not copy, duplicate, download or otherwise use any material posted by any other person or entity except for the purposes permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
- You may not interfere with the proper operation of the Website including, but not limited to, by attacking, hacking into, or otherwise attempting to penetrate any non-publicly accessible elements of the Website, through the use of bots, Trojan Horses, viruses, DNS attacks, or other technology which is designed or intended to interfere with the proper operation of the Website or the use of the website by any Users.
- Limitations on Information Submitted: Any submission of information to CCS through the Website is subject to the following guidelines and restrictions:
- It may not contain URLs or links to any Internet Websites (To advertise your company or Website, contact our Outreach department).
- It may not contain copyrighted material (unless you own the copyright or have the owner?s permission to post the copyrighted material).
- It may not contain trade secrets (unless you own them or have the owner?s permission to post them).
- It may not contain material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others, including but not limited to, copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secret rights.
- It may not contain material that is sexually explicit, obscene, libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, or hateful.
- It may not contain information that is known by you to be untrue, false or misleading or which does not fairly or accurately depict or describe the subject matter, which is the subject of the information posted by you.
- It may not present information which impersonates another person, whether living or dead, misstate the identity of any person, or misstate or mislead as to gender or age.
- You may not solicit money, investments or make any offering of securities or investments.
- You may not submit chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- You may not submit opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise.
- Monitoring of Information:CCS does not assume any obligation to review the accuracy, completeness, truthfulness or content of any information submitted to the Website. User assumes the risk of verifying the accuracy of information posted through independent investigation. Notwithstanding, CCS may in its discretion review information submitted to the Website for any purpose whatsoever and it reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any information submitted to the Website for any reason whatsoever.
- Rights to Information: User hereby grants to CCS an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right and license to use and display all information submitted by you, subject to the Privacy Guidelines set forth herein.
- Security Rules: To ensure the security of the Website and of Users, the following security rules govern your use:
- Protect your password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your information and password, and you are responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. In the event you lose your password or become aware of misuse or unauthorized use of your password, it is your obligation to notify CCS. CCS shall have no responsibility for loss or misused passwords or for unauthorized access occasioned by the foregoing.
- Prohibited Uses: Accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account which, you are not authorized to access.
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization.
- Attempting to interfere with service to any User, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Website, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”.
- Sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services.
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
Violation of these Security Rules may result in civil or criminal liability in addition to the termination of your access rights. CCS will investigate occurrences, which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users who are involved in such violations.
- Termination of Access to Website: Users who violate these Terms and Conditions may be denied access to the Website at the sole discretion of CCS.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability: Your agreement to the following disclaimers and limitations are a material inducement to CCS to permit you to access the Website. Your use of the Website, and the obligations and liabilities of CCS in respect of your use of the Website, is expressly limited as follows:
- Conduct of Users. CCS assumes no responsibility for the activities or conduct of Users.
- Third Party Information. The Website displays the content, services, products or hyperlinks of other companies or persons. Notwithstanding the presentation of any third party information on the Website, no such presentation shall be considered an endorsement, representation or warranty, either express or implied, by CCS on behalf of or any third party. In addition, CCS does not endorse, warrant or otherwise guarantee the substance of any information posted by Users or third parties on the Website CCS shall have no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the content, subject matter or substance of any information accessed or obtained from third party Websites accessed from the Website. Access to third party Websites from the Website is done at your own risk. CCS does not warranty any products purchased through the Website or purchased in reliance on information obtained from the Website. Warranties on purchased products, if any, are provided by the product?s manufacturer.
- Accuracy of Information. CCS makes no representations or warranties regarding the truthfulness, accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any information submitted by Users, or of any other form of communication engaged in or information exchanged by Users. Information on the Website may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. You acknowledge that any reliance on information submitted by Users or on any other form of communication with Users will be at your own risk.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER. CCS DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL CCS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES, (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CCS IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. CCS HAS MADE THIS SERVICE AVAILABLE TO USE AS A MATTER OF CONVENIENCE. CCS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY CLAIM OR LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF UPLOADING OF ANY OBSCENE, VULGAR OR PORNOGRAPHIC IMAGES, PHOTOGRAPH OR A PICTURE OR ALTERING OR DISTORTING THE IMAGES AVAILABLE UNDER THIS SERVICE IN AN OBSCENE, VULGAR OR PORNOGRAPHIC MANNER. USER AGREES AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT USER SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR USER?S CONDUCT AND THAT CCS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE YOUR RIGHTS TO USE THE SERVICE IMMEDIATELY, NOTWITHSTANDING PENAL PROVISIONS UNDER THE INDIAN CYBER LAWS OR ANY OTHER ALLIED LAWS ENACTED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA OR ANY OTHER STATUTORY, LEGISLATIVE OR REGULATORY AUTHORITY AUTHORIZED IN THIS REGARD FROM TIME TO TIME.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CCS from and against any and all liability, claims, causes of actions, damages, costs and expenses, including but not limited to, attorney fees and costs of suit, arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
General: These Terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Delhi, India, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under these Terms and Conditions shall lie exclusively with the state courts in New Delhi, India. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of CCS to enforce any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions shall not be deemed a waiver thereof and shall not prevent its later enforcement.