About Project Bolo English
Launched in July 2020, Project Bolo English is a unique initiative of the Centre for Civil Society. Through this project, we aim to equip children from low income families with much aspired Spoken English skills. Leveraging the role of Teachers, Schools and Parents as influencers, this project aims to provide children a free, year-long access to renowned Mobile Applications with customized Spoken English content.
One of the core elements of this project is its structured engagement with teachers & parents to provide them high quality language-learning resources, regular updates on students’ progress together aimed at improving students’ English language skills. We use the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scale to evaluate the improvement in children’s spoken English skills.
Project Bolo English is supported by three renowned philanthropic entities, The Michael and Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF), Procter and Gamble Shiksha Initiative, and The Rising Tide Foundation (Switzerland). Dr. Gurcharan Das (Author and Former MD Procter and Gamble Global), is the mentor of this project.
- Over 10,000 Students and Teachers have improved their Spoken English skills with the help of our project.
- 1,10,000 Students from grades 3 to 12 and 3,500 Teachers and principles have received access to Spoken English skills.
- Project is spread in 11 states, working with over 800 Budget Private Schools, 183 Satya Bharti Schools.
- Bharti Foundation, Telangana Registered School Managements Association (TRSMA), , Varthana School Finance, ClassKlap
- Remarkably, the project was featured by the United Nations in its film that showcases select initiatives specifically supporting women and girl students from low income families during the pandemic. (A World We Want).
To register your school, click here